All-in-one stop: coffee, playground, barbecue and special events
Lizard Log is a nature lover’s wonderland in a bushland setting. It has a nature-themed playground for the kids, scenic walks for all and cycling tracks of various lengths for those who like a physical challenge.
The sprawling nature playground was designed to blend in with the natural landscape while offering seriously fun features. It has a climbing wall, slide, dual and single flying foxes, balancing beams, giant swings and a water play deck. The wood-carved animals that decorate the playground were made using timber salvaged from the area. Loop paths run through the site – perfect for scooter and bike riders.
If you feel like a short stroll, the 1.6km Pimelea Loop path circles around Lizard Log. For a longer walk or cycle take the Parklands Track, which connects Lizard Log to The Dairy, Calmsley Hill City Farm, Moonrise Lookout, Sugarloaf Ridge and Prospect Reservoir. See our digital maps for all the details.
Barbecuing stations make it a top spot for family picnics and Saluti Cafe by Novella is close by to grab a coffee. There are regular visits from our resident ice-cream van too. Mickey’s Ice-Cream Van does a great range of old school soft-serves.
If you visit during the weekend check out the Lizard Log Markets, it's on every Saturday. See our What's On page for dates and information about particular offerings!
Lizard Log is home to The Pavilion and Amphitheatre, which is the perfect venue for a variety of outdoor events like festivals, trade shows, corporate functions and outdoor cinema screenings. It holds between 500 and 5,000 people. See hire a venue for more.
Facilities at Lizard Log:
- 20 picnic shelters – most are available free of charge on a ‘first-come first-served’ basis and 10 can be booked for parties and special occasions.
- The shelters you can book range in size from a capacity of 60 people (24 seated, 36 standing) to 100 people (60 seated, 40 standing). See hire a picnic shelter for more details.
- 24 electric barbecues – available for everyone to use, free of charge. Please leave them clean and tidy when you are done. Put heat bead/coal waste in the bins provided.
- 10 coal barbecue stations – concrete platforms for you to place your own barbecue on. Available for everyone to use, free of charge. Please leave them clean and tidy when you are done. Put heat bead/coal waste in the coal bins provided.
Lizard Log markets
Who doesn't love a Saturday market? You’ll find a feast of farm-fresh produce sourced straight from the Parklands plus artisan foods and all kinds of eclectic favourites in the one place.Find out more
- See a map of Lizard Log.
- The entrance is at the corner of Cowpasture Road and The Horsley Drive, Abbotsbury.
- There is a carpark on the east and one on the west side of Lizard Log. Park only in the bays marked by signs and symbols. Time restrictions apply in some areas.
- Toilets, including accessible facilities, can be found at two locations in the centre of Lizard Log, close to picnic shelters.
- Portable gas barbecues can be used.
- If there’s a Total Fire Ban only the Parklands’ electric barbecues can be used.
- If you need assistance you can contact our office or a ranger.
Get Back on Track
Western Sydney Parklands is home to more than 60km of tracks and trails. Come and explore them and get back to what really matters – nature, family, friends, and fun.Plan your next walk