The most stunning and peaceful gardens in our Parklands
Nurragingy Reserve is a beautiful place for a relaxing day out, with several picnic areas and wood-fired barbecues scattered throughout the bushland. It also makes a lovely spot for a wedding ceremony with its pretty, quiet gardens.
There are multiple modern playgrounds at Nurragingy, including a ‘Splash (water play area) near the Wren picnic shelter.
The reserve also incorporates the Chang Lai Yuan Chinese Gardens, featuring a stunning gateway, stone bridge, pavilion and waterfall gazebo.
Facilities at Nurragingy:
- Weddings venues – there are 3 separate garden areas for weddings at Nurragingy –Bungarribee Pavilion, Jannawi Garden and Jim Lynch Memorial Garden. Each one features shaded areas, pavilions and natural bushland settings that are ideal for the wedding photos.
- Picnic shelters – 5 large sheltered picnic areas are available for hire through Blacktown City Council.
- Barbecues – about 10 wood-fired barbecues are available for use, free of charge, with wood provided by the Council.
- Entrance is via Knox Road, Doonside.
- There are several parking areas and 5 toilet blocks.
- Go to the Nurragingy Reserve page on the Blacktown City Council website for general info including a map, opening hours, and features of the park.
- If you need assistance contact Blacktown City Council on 02 9839 6000.