Shale Hills Dog Park
Our new off-leash dog park features an agility course and sensory garden designed with dogs in mind!
Shale Hills Dog Park is Western Sydney Parkland’s largest off-leash dog area, featuring 5-hectares of open space with state-of-the-art dog agility and self-guided training facilities and two separate dog areas.
Facilities at Shale Hills Dog Park
Designed especially for dogs and their humans, the Park features:
- Training circuit with 10 x activity stations
- Agility course featuring tunnel, balance beams, rest boxes and weave poles
- Free run area
- Terrace with dog rest areas, umbrellas for shade and shelter plus sweeping views of the Parklands Cumberland Plain bushland corridor
- Scented garden with lavender, thyme, chamomile and mint
- Fresh water fountains
- Shaded areas
- The entrance to Shale Hills Dog Park is located at the intersection of Second and Mannow Avenues, West Hoxton.
- See map of the Parklands.
- Shale Hills Dog Park is open to pedestrians 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Vehicle access is from 6AM-6PM (8PM in daylight savings).
- Dog litter bags are provided at bins and owners are required to clean up after their pets.
- For more information read our Frequently Asked Questions.
- If you need assistance you can contact our office or a ranger.
Walking, running and cycling:
Shale Hills Walking Trail is the perfect spot to get active in nature by walking, running, cycling. Dogs on-leash are welcome to exercise with their owners throughout the Parklands 60km of tracks and trails.
- There is a 70-space car park, which is free to park in marked bays.
- There are 2 permanent accessible car spots available to mobility parking permit holders. Any person displaying a mobility parking permit can park in any bay for an unlimited period.
Get Back on Track
Western Sydney Parklands is home to more than 60km of tracks and trails. Come and explore them and get back to what really matters – nature, family, friends, and fun.Plan your next walk