Sugarloaf Ridge and Moonrise Lookout
A beautiful area to stop for a breath of fresh air! Moonrise Lookout has expansive views of Western Sydney that continue as far as the eye can see to the city skyline. Sugarloaf Ridge is a lovely, elevated picnic spot with district views.
Both offer nearby tracks for bushwalking and bird watching. The Sugarloaf Loop is an easy 2km one and Moonrise Loop is a challenging 6.2kms. See digital maps for details.
Facilities at Sugarloaf Ridge:
- Picnic shelters – a few shelters and benches are available at Sugarloaf Ridge for people to use free of charge on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis.
- See hire a picnic shelter for nearby facilities you can book for special occasions or large groups.
- BYO barbecues – see details below.
- Access from Saxon Road, Abbotsbury. See a map of the Parklands.
- There is no carpark but you’ll find plenty of on-street parking on Border Road at the Sugarloaf Ridge entry.
- Toilets including accessible facilities, are available.