Wylde MTB trail
Unleash your sense of adventure
Wylde Mountain Bike Trail is open daily from sunrise to sunset, weather permitting. Check our Facebook Group for the most up to date opening hours!
Please check our Wylde Facebook Group for scheduled closures.
About the Trail
Wylde MTB is a purpose built trail located off Elizabeth Drive in Cecil Park. The trail caters for beginner, intermediate, competent and advanced mountain bikers. First time visitors should take extra precautions until they are familiar with the Trail. Those under 16 years of age must ride the Trail in the company of an adult. See the rules for riding at Wylde.
When does it open?
- The Trail is generally open every day from sunrise to sunset, weather permitting. The trail may be closed for MTB events and during, and often after, wet weather. Fines apply for accessing the trail when closed.
- Before you go for a ride, always check the open status on the Wylde Facebook group The status can be found under Announcements. It is not changed daily. The status will only change, if there is a change. Thanks for your understanding.
- Access to the Trail is via Range Road in Cecil Park. There is plenty of parking onsite.
What is there?
Wylde has viewing areas, two picnic shelters, water bubblers, a bike wash down facility and bathroom amenities onsite.
It also has a range of sections suitable for any rider - from beginner to expert! These include:
- Jump run – featuring two separate take-off mounds and many steps, for warm-up/practice before hitting the trail loops described below.
- Pump track – track mounds for warm-up/practice before entering the MTB Trail.
- Kids loop – small loop for beginners and inexperienced riders.
- 3km loop – single trail, also suitable beginners and inexperienced riders.
- 6km loop – single trail for those with an intermediate level of skill and fitness.
- 12km loop – long trail for riders with a high level of skill and fitness.
- See a map of Wylde, including the Trail head start.
- The entrance is on Range Road, off Elizabeth Drive in Cecil Park.
- Parking is available in marked bays. Bays are marked by signs and symbols and time restrictions apply in some areas.
- Opening hours are generally sunrise to sunset, weather permitting. The trail is closed during/after rain and for MTB events. Always check the open status on the Wylde Facebook group. Fines apply for accessing the trail when closed.
- See our frequently asked questions for information about changes to WYLDE MTB due to the construction of the M12.
Call 000 (triple zero) and ask for an ambulance, the police and/or fire brigade (try 112 from your mobile phone if there’s no service). You may need to direct the operator to the person in need using this Emergency Vehicle Access Map.
The trail is about 3km from the Westlink M7 Orbital and 12km from the M4 Western Motorway. There is no dedicated pathway from the M7 to Wylde. Other gates and service roads around the Trail are for emergency services only and lead to fenced and closed areas.
Who to contact for assistance:
- During business hours (Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm) call our office on 9895 7500 and speak to a staff member.
- On weekends (Saturdays, Sunday and public holidays) you can phone a ranger on 0459 883 834 between 8am and 5pm.
- Report anti-social behaviour, including illegal motorbikes, or malicious damage to the Police Assistance Line on 131 444.
- Outside these hours, please call Parklands security on 1300 732 874.
- To report damaged or faulty facilities, dumped rubbish or lost dogs at Wylde, please call the numbers above or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Back to Wylde-life
Wylde MTB Trail is Sydney’s premier mountain bike trail. Great for beginner, intermediate, competent, and advanced mountain bike riders. Get active and get back on track!Find out more