Wylde MTB trail
Unleash your sense of adventure
Wylde is free to ride and open every day, weather permitting. See status:
Current status - Open
The Trail (including Jump/Pump Tracks) is OPEN sunrise to sunset. Please note Trail builders will be working on a Trail diversion on Saturday 26 September. Please follow all signs and/or directions in place. See below for more information about upcoming Sydney Water works from Wed 23 September and impacts to Trail facilities.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES TO WYLDE MOUNTAIN BIKE TRAIL
Please note that the normal trail network entry point will be TEMPORARILY CLOSED from 23 September 2020, weather permitting, due to major pipeline works by Sydney Water.
Vehicle access to the Wylde MTB facility car park will remain as normal.
The pipeline works and later road construction for the new Wylde MTB facility will result in the Gunbarrel Highway being closed to riders from Wednesday 23 September, weather permitting. An alternative entry to the trails will be signposted and provide access via a short section of the Kids Loop.
During the early period of this work, children and riders will not be able to complete the Kids Loop which will be TEMPORARILY CLOSED. We recommend beginner riders practise on the pump and jump tracks. More adventurous children can ride on all other trails.
Western Sydney Parklands will reopen a shortened version of the Kids Loop once a diversion trail is constructed in the near future.
We will keep riders updated in above status and via the Wylde Facebook group.
Thank you for your patience while these works are underway. The Trust is working to minimise disruption to riders as much as possible during this time.
Join our Wylde Facebook Group to discuss all things Wylde!
About the Trail
Wylde MTB is a purpose built trail located off Elizabeth Drive in Cecil Park. The trail caters for beginner, intermediate, competent and advanced mountain bikers. First time visitors should take extra precautions until they are familiar with the Trail. Those under 16 years of age must ride the Trail in the company of an adult. See the rules for riding at Wylde.
When does it open?
- The Trail is generally open every day from sunrise to sunset, weather permitting. The trail may be closed for MTB events and during, and often after, wet weather. Fines apply for accessing the trail when closed.
- Before you go for a ride, always check the open status either here or on the Wylde Facebook group The status can be found under Announcements. It is not changed daily. The status will only change, if there is a change. The times displayed on Google may differ, please do not rely on Google and check here or Facebook. Thanks for your understanding.
- Access to the Trail is via Range Road in Cecil Park. There is plenty of parking onsite.
What is there?
Wylde has viewing areas, two picnic shelters, water bubblers, a bike wash down facility and bathroom amenities onsite.
It also has a range of sections suitable for any rider - from beginner to expert! These include:
- Jump run – featuring two separate take-off mounds and many steps, for warm-up/practice before hitting the trail loops described below.
- Pump track – track mounds for warm-up/practice before entering the MTB Trail.
- Kids loop – small loop for beginners and inexperienced riders.
- 3km loop – single trail, also suitable beginners and inexperienced riders.
- 6km loop – single trail for those with an intermediate level of skill and fitness.
- 12km loop – long trail for riders with a high level of skill and fitness.
- See a map of Wylde, including the Trail head start.
- The entrance is on Range Road, off Elizabeth Drive in Cecil Park.
- Parking is available in marked bays. Bays are marked by signs and symbols and time restrictions apply in some areas.
- Opening hours are generally sunrise to sunset, weather permitting. The trail is closed during/after rain and for MTB events. Always check the open status above. Fines apply for accessing the trail when closed.
- See our frequently asked questions for information about changes to WYLDE MTB due to the construction of the M12.
Call 000 (triple zero) and ask for an ambulance, the police and/or fire brigade (try 112 from your mobile phone if there’s no service). You may need to direct the operator to the person in need using this Emergency Vehicle Access Map or we recommend riders download the Emergency+ App which can help locate you in an emergency.
The trail is about 3km from the Westlink M7 Orbital and 12km from the M4 Western Motorway. There is no dedicated pathway from the M7 to Wylde. Other gates and service roads around the Trail are for emergency services only and lead to fenced and closed areas.
Who to contact for assistance:
- During business hours (Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm) call our office on 9895 7500 and speak to a staff member.
- On weekends (Saturdays, Sunday and public holidays) you can phone a ranger on 0459 883 834 between 8am and 5pm.
- Report anti-social behaviour, including illegal motorbikes, or malicious damage to the Police Assistance Line on 131 444.
- Outside these hours, please call Parklands security on 1300 732 874.
- To report damaged or faulty facilities, dumped rubbish or lost dogs at Wylde, please call the numbers above or email email@example.com.
Get Back to Wylde-life
Wylde MTB Trail is Sydney’s premier mountain bike trail. Great for beginner, intermediate, competent, and advanced mountain bike riders. Get active and get back on track!Find out more