Construction works – Western Sydney Parklands – Cecil Park Precinct (Range Road, Cecil Hills, NSW)
We wish to inform you of ongoing staged construction activity in the Cecil Park Precinct within Western Sydney Parklands. Over the next twelve months, there will be changed conditions when visiting the Wylde Mountain Bike Trail (MTB) and accessing our tracks and trails from Cecil Hills, via the footbridges over the M7 Motorway.
Construction activity has commenced in the Cecil Park Precinct with Sydney Water installing pipelines; and the M12 Motorway team continuing their ground investigations works to inform the environmental approval process for the project.
The Wylde Mountain Bike Trail (MTB) construction works have commenced to partially relocate the trail to an area immediately adjacent to the existing Wylde MTB within the Parklands. The contract to deliver the civil, landscaping and infrastructure works has been awarded to construction company Ward Civil. Relocation works will include a new access road constructed off Range Road which will provide entry to both Sydney International Shooting Centre and the new Wylde MTB.
Construction work details
- Sydney Water pipeline construction works
- M12 Motorway early works for site survey, geo-technical investigation, utility services
- Wylde MTB relocation and new access road, car parking and visitor facilities
- Earthmoving trucks and construction vehicles will be on the site
- Traffic management will be in place on Range Road to direct traffic as required
- Pedestrian signage will be in place to inform park visitors of tracks and trails diversions or closures
The Trust is committed to minimising disruption to visitors but will be required to close the facilities at times for health and safety purposes.
Thank you for your patience as we build this new infrastructure and recreation facility for the community.
See our Frequently Asked Questions for information about changes to WYLDE MTB due to the construction of the M12.