COVID-19 information and updates
Updated 20 September 2021
Safeguarding the health and safety of our visitors and staff is core to what we do at Western Sydney Parklands. We are closely monitoring and responding to Government health advice in this rapidly changing environment and putting in place measures to protect our community during these challenging times.
From 6pm Saturday 26 June until the end of September 2021, all of Greater Sydney is subject to NSW Health restrictions and stay-at-home orders to help limit the spread of COVID-19. From 12.01am Monday 23 August, mask wearing will be mandatory when outside your home for all Greater Sydney residents, except when exercising.
Residents of Greater Sydney must stay in their Local Government Area (LGA) or within 5kms of home for essential exercise.
The NSW Government is easing COVID-19 restrictions for community members who are fully vaccinated. From 12.01am on Monday 20 September, gatherings in groups of up to five people (excluding children under 12) will be allowed in Western Sydney Parklands only if ALL the adults are fully vaccinated. There are no time restrictions for these gatherings but they must take place in a person’s Local Government Area or within 5km of home. Proof of vaccination and a valid photo ID will need to be shown if asked by Police who will be patrolling the Parklands to enforce COVID-restrictions, including gatherings, mask-wearing and social distancing.
Under current NSW Health stay-at-home orders, visitors are only permitted to enter Western Sydney Parklands for essential purposes (including construction). This includes for personal exercise (limited to two people, excluding members of the same household), for takeaway food and beverages, for medical care or compassionate needs and for essential work. No carpooling is permitted between non-household members.
We urge visitors to ensure they stay informed and comply with the latest NSW Health orders.
The latest advice
- The one person per four square metre rule is again enforced in the parklands.
- Practise safe social distancing (1.5m) and wear a face mask in situations where this is not possible.
- Wash your hands with soap or use hand sanitiser regularly.
- It's encouraged to practise safe social distancing (1.5m) with people you don’t live with and maintain good hand hygiene.
- If you have visited one of the identified venues on the NSW Health listand have been asked to self-isolate or have any cold or flu symptoms please respect NSW Health advice and delay your visit.
Thank you for following NSW Health Guidelines so we can continue to keep our parklands and playgrounds open for you to enjoy.
- NSW Health listCOVID locations and venues.
- COVID-19 safety plan.
- NSW Government COVID-19 website for more details.
- Download the COVIDSafe app today.
Be COVID-19 safe
To keep yourself and others safe, remember to:
- Use playground or exercise equipment with caution.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap or use hand sanitiser solution (minimum 60% alcohol) or wipes when using public facilities.
- Practise cough and sneeze hygiene by covering your nose and mouth with your elbow. Tissues should be placed in bins provided.
- Stay home and get tested if you are unwell.
Parklands staff and contractors
Parklands staff are required to practise safe social distancing and will be keeping a close eye on visitors to ensure the Health Orders are followed.
Staff will also follow hygiene rules and stay home if they feel unwell or have come in close or casual contact with a COVID-19 positive person.
NSW Police have declared that they will be officially monitoring and enforcing Government protocols, supported by Parklands staff when necessary.
Venue closures and changes
- BBQ facilities are closed.
- No new shelter bookings can be made until further notice.
Please check directly with the following park venues about operating hours and services:
- Amoretti’s Abbotsbury
- Calmsley Hill Farm
- Lizard Log Markets
- Raging Waters Sydney
- Saluti Café by Novella
- Skyline Drive-in cinema
- Sydney Zoo
- Stallion Burgers
- Sydney Motorsport Park
- The Cricketers Arms Hotel
- TreeTops, Western Sydney
- Western Sydney International Dragway
- Residents from Greater Sydney can only visit Wylde if their home is less than 5kms from the main entrance, or if Wylde is within their Local Government Area.
For more information
For more information email us via: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 9895 7500.
We would like to thank all visitors and staff for their patience during this time. We will endeavour to provide updates on this website, as and when they are available.
Please stay safe during this time, and for key information on COVID-19 in NSW, visit: www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19.