Fernhill Estate Draft Landscape Master Plan – Have your say
Have your say
Greater Sydney Parklands invites you to share your feedback on Fernhill Estate’s Draft Landscape Master Plan, which is central to the next chapter for Fernhill Estate, as this extraordinary place opens its doors as a public park.
- Read Fernhill’s Draft Landscape Master Plan summary brochure.
- Watch the design webinar where you’ll meet the design team and hear about the process of preparing the Draft Landscape Master Plan.
- Complete our interactive survey and share your feedback by 14 February 2022
We look forward to receiving your feedback, which will help shape the final plan.
A key action of Fernhill Estate’s Foundation Plan of Management 2026 is to develop a Landscape Master Plan for the Estate. In early 2021, we engaged community and stakeholders in the preparation of Fernhill Estate’s Draft Landscape Master Plan. Close to 300 members of the community participated in a community drop-in session at the Estate’s Hayshed. We also spoke with a number of local stakeholder groups and design sessions were held with representatives of Penrith City Council and First Nations community members.
Valuable insights from the community and stakeholders have been used to shape the Draft Landscape Master Plan. Key themes included:
- Future activation of Fernhill Estate should be sensitive and low impact including passive recreation facilities such as picnic facilities and children’s play
- Access to and around Fernhill Estate should be a key focus of the Plan, including improved vehicle access from Mulgoa Road and new opportunities for walking and cycling within and around the Estate
- Living heritage is important – including First Nations People, colonial settlers and shared culture and stories
- The importance of protecting and enhancing the natural environment including bushlands, waterways, bird and animal life
- A desire for appropriate adaptive reuse of existing buildings for small-scale commercial, social and community uses
- A need to consider the types of equestrian facilities and activities available for the community
We are now seeking your valued feedback and comments on the Draft Plan prior to finalisation. We encourage you to get involved and have your say.
How to get involved
‘Walk through Fernhill Estate’ Webinar
A webinar was held 8 December where the design team took participants on a virtual walk through the Estate and presented the ideas and inspiration behind this Draft Plan. The session included a panel discussion and a Q&A session where the designers answered all your questions.
Did you miss the webinar? Don't worry, we recorded the session for you to watch when it's convenient below.
Watch the webinar here: https://youtu.be/cJDIfgoPHTc
Fernhill Estate Survey
Complete our interactive survey which will allow you to explore Fernhill Estate, find out more about the ideas behind the design, and share your suggestions.
Please take the short survey by clicking here.
Further feedback and submissions
If you would like to provide further comments on the Draft Landscape Master Plan, please email your feedback to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in the future of Fernhill Estate!
For more information on the future of Fernhill Estate visit: www.planning.nsw.gov.au/fernhillestate