Eastern Creek Motor Sports Hub
Information Session: Club Zone at the Eastern Creek Motor Sports Precinct
A 50-year vision and Masterplan for Eastern Creek Motor Sports Precinct, released in 2022, is set to create a world-class, premier destination for motor sports, entertainment, education and events in the heart of Western Sydney.
On 28 April, Greater Sydney Parklands invited all interested community members to an information session regarding Recommendation 1 of the Masterplan: Allocation and activation of land for use as a ‘Club Zone’.
For more information about the Club Zone, please contact [email protected]
Vision and Indicative Masterplan now available
The Eastern Creek Motor Sports Precinct Vision and Indicative Masterplan (the Plan) is available for public viewing.
The Plan considers opportunities for enhancing lands within the existing Precinct and potential use of lands adjacent to the precinct to accommodate the demand for club level motorsports, karting, motorcycling, and other non-motorsport users.
About the Plan
Greater Sydney Parklands worked with the NSW Office of Sport (OoS) on a master plan to create a premier destination for motorsports, entertainment, education and events at Eastern Creek in Sydney’s biggest backyard!
The master plan guides the future development and operation of the Eastern Creek Motor Sports Precinct to make even more activities available to the motorsports community including club level motorsports, karting and motorcycling, and the non-motorsports communities of Western Sydney.
Our plan envisions the 50-year future of Eastern Creek as a world-class motorsports facility.
In 2019 and 2020, we held extensive consultations with representatives from organisations within the Eastern Creek Motor Sports Precinct, Office of Sport and a range of clubs and industry bodies including Motorsport Australia and Motorcycling NSW.
This plan was embraced by key stakeholders throughout its preparation to make Eastern Creek a leading motorsports precinct.
Click the image to view a larger image - Eastern Creek Motor Sports precinct.
The plan identifies opportunities for enhancing available space within the existing motorsports area. Opportunities include exploring the potential of adjoining land, shared infrastructure and coordinating events across multiple uses to benefit Western Sydney’s motorsports community.
A world class Eastern Creek Motor Sports hub will bring many benefits to the Western Sydney and motorsports communities. These include:
- More activities for club level motorsports, karting, motorcycling, and non-motorsport users
- Co-operation and collaboration between clubs and various motorsport codes
- Access to the precinct for the general community across non-motorsport activities
- Increased club level participation to allow activation throughout the year
- Encouraging community participation
- The potential to partner with universities and companies to perform research and development
- Intergeneration inclusion within the precinct by creating a space where older members can mentor younger juniors
- Improved accessibility to motorsports through low participation and entry costs.