Plough and Harrow
Plough and Harrow is a popular picnic area surrounded by beautiful native bushland. The east end has a playground, cafe, high ropes course and more. The west end is mostly open space – ideal for large groups of people who want to picnic and play ball games.
The Plough and Harrow Loop links east and west and is a short, gentle walk – perfect for friends and families of all ages and ability levels. The nearby Spotted Gum Trail is a demanding 3km route, along a fire trail/gravel track. See our digital maps for all the details.
Plough and Harrow East
The playground has a water play area and lots of things to climb. Favourites include the flying fox, giant hamster wheel, and pentagonal swing set.
At TreeTop Adventure Park, all the fun is 20 metres above the ground! Suspension bridges, rope ladders, tunnels, cargo-nets and flying foxes are just some of the challenges on the self-guided course, which suits everyone from ages 3 and up.
You’ll deserve a break at Amoretti's Café after so much activity. Amoretti’s serves excellent coffee, breakfasts, tapas, pizza and a range of other Italian dishes. It’s perfect for a special occasion or private function too.
Facilities at Plough and Harrow East
- 24 picnic shelters – some are available free of charge on a ‘first-come first-served’ basis and 15 can be booked for parties and special occasions
- The shelters you can book hold 80 people (50 seated, 30 standing) or 30 people (10 seated, 20 standing). See hire a picnic shelter for more details.
- 22 electric barbecues – available for everyone to use, free of charge. Please leave them clean and tidy when you are done.
Plough and Harrow West
Plough and Harrow West is a short walk through bushland from Plough and Harrow East. It is just for picnics and playing in the open space and is especially good for large groups of people as there are some big shelters available with tables and seats. The area is accessible for visitors with limited mobility.
Facilities at Plough and Harrow West
- 12 picnic shelters – 4 are available free of charge on a ‘first-come first-served’ basis and 8 can be booked for parties and special occasions (see Hire a shelter).
- 16 electric barbecues – available for everyone to use, free of charge. Please leave them clean and tidy when you are done.
- See a map of Plough and Harrow.
- The entrance is at the corner of Elizabeth Drive and Windsor Road, Abbotsbury.
- East and west sides both have carparks and there’s parking for Amoretti’s which opens after Parklands hours gates close.
- Park only in the bays marked by signs and symbols. Time restrictions apply in some areas.
- Toilets, including accessible facilities, can be found on the east and west sides and near the playground.
- Portable gas barbecues can be used.
- Heat bead and coal barbecues must NOT be used anywhere in the Parklands.
- If there’s a Total Fire Ban only the Parklands’ electric barbecues can be used.
- If you need assistance you can contact our office or a ranger.