Sugarloaf Ridge and Moonrise Lookout
The best open space and skyline views
A beautiful area to stop for a breath of fresh air! Moonrise Lookout has expansive views of Western Sydney that continue as far as the eye can see to the city skyline. Sugarloaf Ridge is a lovely, elevated picnic spot with district views.
Both offer nearby tracks for bushwalking and bird watching. The Sugarloaf Loop is an easy 2km one and Moonrise Loop is a challenging 6.2kms. See our side menu for maps.
Facilities at Sugarloaf Ridge:
- Picnic shelters – a few shelters and benches are available at Sugarloaf Ridge for people to use free of charge on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis.
- See hire a picnic shelter page for nearby facilities you can book for special occasions or large groups.
- BYO barbecues – see details below.
Get Back on Track
Western Sydney Parklands is home to more than 60km of tracks and trails. Come and explore them and get back to what really matters – nature, family, friends, and fun.Plan your next walk
- Access from Saxony Road, Abbotsbury. See a map of the Parklands.
- There is no carpark but you’ll find plenty of on-street parking on Border Road at the Sugarloaf Ridge entry.
- Toilets including accessible facilities, are available.