The Dairy is one of the quieter locations in the Parklands, attracting groups of people looking for a serene picnic spot. Simply sit and enjoy the vast district views from its hilltop location.
The Parklands Track connects The Dairy to Calmsley Hill City Farm, Lizard Log, Moonrise Lookout Sugarloaf Ridge and beyond to Prospect Reservoir. It is ideal for a long or short walk or cycle. It is ideal for a long or short walk or cycle. The Pimelea Loop is an easy 30-minute walk through nature. See our digital maps for details.
The Dairy is an excellent location for large cultural, community and sporting events such as music festivals and cross country runs. See hold an event for more information.
Facilities at The Dairy:
- Picnic shelters – all are available for people to use free of charge on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis.
- See hire a picnic shelter for nearby facilities you can book for special occasions).
- 4 electric barbecues – available for everyone to use, free of charge. Please leave them clean and tidy when you are done.
- See a map of The Dairy.
- The entrance isat the corner of Cowpasture Road and Restwell Street, Abbotsbury.
- The carpark is on Cotsworld Road. Park only in the bays marked by signs and symbols. Time restrictions apply in some areas.
- Toilets, including accessible facilities, can be found near the picnic shelters and barbecues.
- Portable gas barbecues can be used.
- Heat bead and coal barbecues must NOT be used anywhere in the Parklands.
- If there’s a Total Fire Ban only the Parklands’ electric barbecues can be used.
- If you need assistance you can contact our office or a ranger.