Updated 30 December 2020
Following NSW Health orders, outdoor gatherings are now limited to 30 people only until further notice.
Please note that this is a revised restriction as of midnight, Wednesday December 30.
Please remember social distancing and other COVID-19 safety guidelines when visiting the Parklands.
The health and safety of our visitors and staff is our priority.
We are closely checking and responding to NSW Health advice in this rapidly changing environment and will keep you updated as health restrictions are eased.
Western Sydney Parklands is open and we are monitoring visitor numbers and behaviour to make sure we continue to provide a quality experience for everyone.
If COVID-19 numbers increase and social distancing becomes difficult, we will consider making the Parklands pedestrian-only and closing playgrounds if necessary.
Here is the latest advice :
- Exercise is permitted with safe social distancing (1.5m) and groups up to 30 people.
- Playgrounds and outdoor equipment are open but to be used with caution. You must practise safe social distancing (1.5m), good hand hygiene and limit gatherings to 30 people.
- Picnics and outdoor social gatherings of up to 30 people with social distancing (1.5m) are allowed.
- Parklands picnic shelters are open for bookings up to 30 people with social distancing (1.5m). Please note, each picnic shelter is subject to its own capacity limit (including adults and children). Visit our shelter booking page for more information regarding picnic shelter capacity limits.
- Most cafes and food outlets in the Parklands are now open, with restrictions in place.
- Major events are cancelled.
- Community sporting activities, including training sessions, may recommence.
- Where the activities involve more than 100 participants, the organiser must have a COVID-19 Safety Plan and the Trust will need to approve the plan prior to booking.
- Participants include players, people who are training, officials and spectators.
- The maximum number of participants at a community sporting activity must not exceed 3000 participants.
- Commercial fitness groups and personal trainers must obtain a permit to operate in the Parklands.
- Weddings: for booking inquiries, please contact the Trust to discuss your arrangements on (02) 9895 7500 or email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be COVID-19 safe
To keep yourself and others safe, remember to:
- Use playground or exercise equipment with caution.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap or use hand sanitiser solution (minimum 60% alcohol) or wipes when using public facilities including playgrounds, shelters, barbecues and toilets.
- Practise social distancing of 1.5 metres and do not gather in groups of more than 100 people, including children. Please be considerate of others and give them space on paths, tracks and in the parklands.
- Practise cough and sneeze hygiene by covering your nose and mouth with your elbow. Tissues should be placed in bins provided.
- Stay home and get tested if you are unwell.
- If you have recently returned from overseas or have had close or casual contact with a person with COVID-19, you must self-isolate for 14 days. See NSW Health COVID-19 website for more details.
- Download the COVIDSafe app today.
Parklands staff and contractors
Parklands staff are required to practise social distancing and will be keeping a close eye on visitors to ensure the Health Orders are followed.
Staff will also follow hygiene rules, stay home if they feel unwell and self-isolate if they have recently returned from overseas or have come in close or casual contact with a COVID-19 positive person.
NSW Police have declared that they will be officially monitoring and enforcing Government protocols, supported by Parklands staff when necessary.
Venue closures and changes
The following venues are OPEN to the public as follows:
- Amoretti’s Abbotsbury, Plough and Harrow – open with restrictions
- Calmsley Hill Farm – open with restrictions.
- Lizard Log Markets – open with restrictions. Food box deliveries still available to order.
- Raging Waters Sydney- open with restrictions. See their operating hours
- Saluti Café by Novella Lizard Log – serving takeaway food and drinks, stay 1.5m apart when ordering.
- Skyline Drive-in cinema – open with restrictions.
- Sydney Zoo – open with restrictions.
- Stallion Burgers, Bungarribee – – serving takeaway food and drinks, stay 1.5m apart when ordering.
- Sydney Motorsport Park – open with restrictions.
- The Cricketers Arms Hotel – open with restrictions.
- TreeTops, Western Sydney – open with restrictions.
- Western Sydney International Dragway – open with restrictions.
Please check directly with the venues if you have any questions about their operating hours or services.