Updated 30 March 2020
We would like to assure you that it is our priority to safeguard the health and safety of our visitors and staff.
We are closely monitoring and responding to Government health advice in this rapidly changing environment and putting in place measures to protect our community during these challenging times.
At this stage, the public is being encouraged to stay at home unless shopping for essentials, travelling to and from work - where you cannot work from home, going to school and exercising.
Due to current social distancing requirements, our playgrounds are closed until further notice however our Parklands and tracks remain open to ensure people can enjoy exercising outside and spending time in nature.
To ensure we can continue to keep our Parklands and tracks open we need you to follow NSW Health guidelines below.
See our Frequently Asked Questions.
Visitors to the Parklands
All visitors must follow NSW Health’s guidelines:
- Do not use our playgrounds or exercise equipment until further notice.
- Practise social distancing of 1.5 metres from other people and do not gather in groups of more than 2 people.
- Practise cough and sneeze hygiene by covering your nose and mouth with your elbow while coughing and sneezing. Tissues should be placed in bins provided.
- It is your responsibility to regularly wash your hands with soap or use hand sanitiser solution (minimum 60% alcohol) or wipes to protect your own health and other people’s health when using public facilities like toilets or play equipment.
- If you have recently returned from overseas or have had close or casual contact with a person with COVID-19, please remember that you must self-isolate for 14 days. See NSW Health website for more details.
Parklands changes in response to COVID-19
- We have increased our routine cleaning schedule across our facilities (including working to provide soap in public toilets). However, it is still your personal responsibility to practise personal hygiene, as above.
- All picnic shelter bookings are now cancelled with a full refund. Our staff will be in contact with you.
- All events are cancelled.
- Weddings of more than 5 people will not go ahead.
- School excursions will not go ahead, in line with NSW Education advice. Please contact your school directly for any advice on school excursions.
- Sporting events will not go ahead. Please contact your sports club or organisation directly.
Venue closures and changes
The following venues will be OPEN to the public until further notice:
- Amoretti’s Abbotsbury, Plough and Harrow – serving takeaway food/drinks only
- Lizard Log Markets – food box deliveries only, see the Lizard Log Markets website to order today
- Saluti Café by Novella, Lizard Log – serving takeaway food/drinks only
- Stallion Burgers, Bungarribee – serving takeaway food/drinks only
- Sydney Motorsport Park – still conducting some events, see Sydney Motorsport Park website
The following venues will be CLOSED to the public until further notice:
- Calmsley Hill Farm – temporarily closed
- Raging Waters Sydney – temporarily closed
- Skyline Drive-in cinema – temporarily closed
- Sydney Zoo – temporarily closed
- TreeTops, Western Sydney – temporarily closed
- The Cricketers Arms Hotel – temporarily closed
- Western Sydney International Dragway – temporarily closed
Please check directly with the venues if you have any questions about their operating hours or services.
Parklands staff and contractors
Parklands staff are required to practise social distancing of 1.5 metres and will be keeping a close eye on visitors to our Parklands to ensure Government advice is followed.
As the Parklands is our workplace, any staff meetings of more than 2 people will adhere to the social distancing requirements.
NSW Police have declared that they will be officially monitoring and enforcing the Government protocols, supported by Parklands staff when necessary.
Parklands staff will also follow hygiene rules around handwashing and the use of hand sanitiser or wipes, and will self-isolate if they have recently returned from overseas or have come in close or casual contact with a COVID-19 positive person.
For more information
For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions or please get in contact with us via: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue to provide you with updates as Government and Health advice changes and will ensure that we continue to provide a quality Parklands experience for our visitors.
Please stay safe during this time, and for key information on COVID-19 in NSW, visit www.health.nsw.gov.au/coronavirus
Community Advice: https://preview.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/community-advice